[TUHS] signals and blocked in I/O

Ron Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Tue Dec 5 08:54:15 AEST 2017

Nothing says a page has to be loaded in one DMA.    The swap file isn't
allocated any different than any other file on the LINUX systems.    About
the only thing you have to do is make
sure that all the blocks are populated.    UNIX normally allocates the files
as sparse and the swap code doesn't want to have to worry about allocating
blocks when it comes to paging out.