[TUHS] signals and blocked in I/O

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Dec 5 12:15:00 AEST 2017

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> I've used at least one *ix OS that required it be both contiguous and
> pre-allocated; Slowaris?

OK, likely not, but I've used literally dozens of systems[*] over the last
40 years or so; this one was definitely Unix-ish (otherwise I wouldn't've
used it) and it definitely required a contiguous file for ease of DMA.

Wish I could remember it, but the ol' memory is one of the first things to
go when in your 60s, and I never could remember what comes afterwards...

[*]
Pretty much AIX to Xenix (when you pronounce it with a "Z").