[TUHS] What UNIX Artifacts Are Still Missing?

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Thu Dec 7 00:33:17 AEST 2017

That is a good point: early Xenix is still missing. It would make an excellent
public relations move for Microsoft if they would make early Xenix available
to celebrate 50 years of Unix.

Although Xenix predates Venix, I'm not sure it predates it on PC hardware. It
would seem to me that there both Venix and PC/IX preceded it:
http://seefigure1.com/2014/04/15/xenixtime.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Systems_Corporation

If Xenix 3.0 had an integrated source code base, it would be an excellent
example of the portability of early Unix across a wide range of architectures.

Paul