[TUHS] shell PS1/PS2 which survive cut-paste

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Dec 7 09:57:58 AEST 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:

> "goto" was in the V6 shell, I think (next to no experience with the V6
> shell, and it was a LONG time ago anyway).  But there never was a goto
> in the V7 shell.

Never got to use the V7 shell; we were stuck with 11/40s[*] :-(  It was
certainly in the V6 shell, hence by bafflement at why labels were of the
form ": blah" instead of the sensible "blah: "...

[*]
Although I did shove as much of the V7 kernel into V6 as I could (such as
XON/XOFF), thereby earning me the sobriquet "Mr Unix 6.5" or something;
having the AUSAM buffer scheme helped a lot.