[TUHS] looking for a quote

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Thu Dec 7 10:34:39 AEST 2017

Could it have been having a structure field namespace per struct type?
I feel like he and I talked about that, I know that that has always been
a pet peeve of mine, I *much* prefer sbuf.st_size than whatever.size,
the former is instantly a stat structure, the later is a "whatever".

Yeah, I get it, it wasn't scalable, but I wish that there was a way to
encourage that all structure fields be uniquely named, it's awesome for
code readability.

If the kernel and common libraries could have done that, so much better.

--
---