[TUHS] What UNIX Artifacts Are Still Missing?

Nevin Liber nevin at eviloverlord.com
Fri Dec 8 01:36:32 AEST 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > From: Larry McVoy
>
>     > an altruistic person trying to make things better.  They aren't all
> bad.
>
> I would echo that. During my time on the IESG, I'd say the vast majority of
> the people in the IETF really did want to make things better for everyone.

And as someone who has been involved with the C++ standardization effort
for the last seven years, let me echo that as well.  Most (if not all, as I
cannot think of any exceptions to this) of us are involved because we want
to make a better language, even if no two of us can agree on what that is.
And that most certainly includes the folks that Microsoft sends to the
meetings.
--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin at eviloverlord.com>  +1-847-691-1404