[TUHS] What UNIX Artifacts Are Still Missing?

Nigel Williams nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com
Sat Dec 9 16:03:05 AEST 2017

I would hope we will one day find more of the UNIX emulators that
existed over the years, my list includes:

PRIMIX for PRIME computers running PRIMEOS (had to cope with several
PRIME weirdnesses)

Eunice for VAX/VMS : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunice_(software)

0nix : A Unix emulator for VAX/VMS :
http://www.caam.rice.edu/caam/trs/82/TR82-08.pdf

I find attempts to make other systems behave like Unix fascinating and
the implementations inevitably embellished with interesting and
amusing hackery.

I have a long list of UNIX-hosted programming languages I would like
to find too, but that is wandering off-topic for this list.