[TUHS] V7 Addendem [ really lawyers and AT&T consent decree ]

William Cheswick ches at cheswick.com
Tue Dec 12 06:11:22 AEST 2017

While I am no fan of how AT&T ran its business, and the diminution of Bell Labs is
a capital crime to humanity, it must be noted that AT&T was competing with MCI, who
was cooking the books. “How can they offer phone calls for $0.01/minute?”  The answer:
they couldn’t, but did anyway.

BTW, there are still good people doing good work at Bell Labs.  But it certainly isn’t
what it used to be.