[TUHS] Various Unix

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:25:22 AEST 2017

I've just dropped in to the QNX Foundry27 FAQ page:
https://community.qnx.com/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.community/wiki/FAQ

" I want to access the source code, how can I?#
QSS classifies proprietary QNX source code as either Open (available
to anyone under an open source license), Accessible (available to
registered users on the QNX Source project), or Restricted (please
contact your QSS Sales or Support contact to request access).

Source code is available through the SVN Web interface. To do so,
access the desired project, select its 'Source Code' section, select
the repository, select 'View Commits', then select 'Browse
Repository'.

Registered members can access the Subversion repository using any
Subversion client application. Such a client is offered as part of the
QNX Momentics IDE.

Is this open source?#

Simple answer is 'no'. But the complete answer is 'sometimes' since
each Foundry27 project is free to expose its technology under its
sponsor's own licensing terms. As an example, some of the BSPs
delivered as part of the BSPs and Drivers project are published under
the terms of the Apache 2.0 license; these are clearly open source.
The QSS components delivered as part of the QNX Operating System
project can be considered very close to open within the QNX
development community with access to Restricted code; their source is
published, the binaries are available, the source code can be modified
and even redistributed to other QSS licensed developers. More details
are available at the Community Redistribution page at
http://licensing.qnx.com/.  "

FWIW

Wesley Parish