[TUHS] Names of famous, historical UNIX machines?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Feb 2 08:16:18 AEST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017, at 13:43, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> 90s too late? Everyone needs sun-lamp and some of DEC's ULTRIX boxes. ;)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 1, 2017, at 13:42, Michael Kjörling <michael at kjorling.se> wrote:
> >
> > On 1 Feb 2017 16:20 -0500, from jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa):
> >> Google for a old Host file, that's a good source if you want to know more.
> >
> > That's a good idea, I'll definitely give that a try later. Thanks for
> > the tip!
> >
> > (Oh, and I didn't mean to imply a restriction to the 1970s; that was
> > only to indicate what little I'd been able to find.)
> >
> > --
> > Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
> >                 “People who think they know everything really annoy
> >                 those of us who know we don’t.” (Bjarne Stroustrup)

sys/conf for Ultrix 4.3 I believe

./            CHASM         EVERYTHING    LIMBO         MY730
NOWISE        SAS.gen       TRIBBLE       WISPER        files
param.c
../           DECVAX        GENERIC       LINT          MY750
RAGTIME       SAS.net       UTMOST        YAWN          files.vax
touch.c
ABYSS         EREHWON       HOLLOW        MONET         MY780
RAVINE        SAS.rx01      VACUUM        defines       makefile.vax
BINARY.vax    ERNIE         KIM           MVAX          NFS
SALT          SAS.tu58      VAPOR         devices.vax   newvers.sh

--
  Cory Smelosky
  b4 at gewt.net