[TUHS] Names of famous, historical UNIX machines?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Feb 2 08:28:08 AEST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> I visited Portland and Santa Clara and I have never
> seen a more grey cubicle farm in my life.

​I don't remember which comic it was, but about 8-10 years ago one the late
night comedy guys brought a film crew to SC and made that same exact
observation.​

While Intel does do many things well, this one is part of company culture
and I'm not in a position to change it.  I wish I could.  I think the place
would be a small bit happier if it did not take itself quite so seriously,
but that's just my personal opinion.

As the late Roger Gourd used to say: *"Bring me to a sacred cow, and I'll
start up the sacred bbq." ;-) *