[TUHS] Code bloat (was: How Unix brings people together, or it's a small...)

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 8 18:25:44 AEST 2017

IIRC, 386BSD was based on 4.3BSD, though I forget which one. Anyone have a
better memory than me?

Again, IIRC, Bill Jolitz in his DDJ articles mentions how the 386BSD kernel is
smaller than the Mach microkernel.

Thanks

Wesley Parish

Quoting Jason Stevens <jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com>:

> What about NetBSD 1.1 or even 386BSD?
>
> There never was a 4.2 or 4.3 for i386 was there?
>
> I'd guess the 32v userland could be built on early 4.4BSD Lite/NET2
> greatly reducing its footprint.

<snip>

"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor,
Method for Guitar

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." -- Samuel Goldwyn