[TUHS] Code bloat

jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Wed Feb 8 23:10:52 AEST 2017

After I had pasted a bunch of 386BSD pl0.24 + a CVS export of 0.8 I did get a booting system.  Then I found an old ftp site that had 0.8  I made a mirror of it, then it disappeared.

So I mirrored it here:

http://vpsland.superglobalmegacorp.com/ install/NetBSD/NetBSD-0.8/Original/NetBSD-0.8/

Although I had some idiot saying that hosting nethack was a virus had I was then blacklisted for a while so if you try to browse or download you’ll have to input a username password.. It’s on the 404 page.

I did some minor work on installing it on Bochs years ago, and VMware, from what I recall, NetBSD 1.0/1.1 can boot 386BSD’s kernel, while the 386BSD boot diskette didn’t work under emulation, NetBSD’s does, and I used that to kickstart an installation.  Same with the boot blocks on the harddisk image.