[TUHS] Early Internet work

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Feb 9 09:16:33 AEST 2017

    > Hi, we just read the second tape, which read without error.
    > So at this point we have access to everything that was on that machine.

So, in the process of transferring this all to a TAR file, we found a bug in
BSD 4.1b. (The length of some directories whose last sector held only one
entry was being incorrectly set to the actual length of the directory, not a
multiple of the sector size.)

Anyone know where I can report a BSD 4.1b bug? :-)

       Noel

PS: Although the Algol-60 isn't there, there is a nice LISP (good enough to
run The Doctor ... :-)