[TUHS] Early Internet work

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Feb 14 09:20:42 AEST 2017

    > we just read the second tape, which read without error. ... at this
    > point we have access to everything that was on that machine.

OK, we're starting to get through all the clearances needed to release the
non-MIT Unix systems on the machine. (The MIT one is going to take more
work - I have to curate out all the personal files.)

We have now completed the OK's for the 'Network Unix' (the one done at the
University of Illinois for use on the ARPANET, with NCP). A tarball is
available here:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/tmp/nosc.tar

(It's called 'nosc.tar' because it came through NOSC, and then SRI,
on the way to MIT.)

In addition to all the UIllinois code, it also contains early versions of the
MH mail reader (from Rand) and the MMDF mailer (from UDel).

Enjoy!

	Noel