[TUHS] Reorganising the Unix Archive? (GNU?)

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Feb 20 17:10:57 AEST 2017

Jason Stevens <jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com> writes:
> I dont know if it's worth even trying to find and mirror pre 1993 ( IE
> when cheap CD-ROM mastering was possible) GNU software?
>
> Things like binutils, gas, and GCC can be tremendously useful, along
> with binaries for long "dead" platforms?

I have collected old version of GNU Emacs.  19.x is well covered.  18.x
less so.  Noah Friedman had 16.56, and I found two releases of Emacs 17
and one I believe to be version 13!

Other historical Unix Emacsen: MicroEMACS 30 from Dave Conroy, Gosling
Emacs, Warren Montgomery/BTL/ATT/unixpc Emacs, EMACS-11 by Fred Fish.

Get these from https://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/emacs-history