[TUHS] Mach for i386 / Mt Xinu or other

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Wed Feb 22 05:44:43 AEST 2017

Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> wrote:

> In other words, you worked around perceived problems in what most on this

No, I designed an interface that works on top of all known operating systems.

The term "perceived" does not apply.

> It's perhaps noteworthy that writing to a CD or DVD on Plan 9 is done with
> cat (and networking is implemented in terms of opening, reading and writing
> named files). So it's certainly *possible* to use a filesystem method to
> write physical media, even if impractical on the array of real-world
> systems you want to support.

So you believe you can create a dual layer video DVD with a layer break
that matches the meta data in the IFO file with that driver concept?

So you believe you can write an audio CD with CD-Text that matches the indices
on an existing CD with that driver concept?

So you believe you can read an audio CD in a way that allows you make a
definite statement on whether all bits have been read correctly or whether
there have been interpolated parts inside?

People who only have a hammer tend to believe that all problems are nails.

This is what you get on Plan 9...

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin