[TUHS] Mach for i386 / Mt Xinu or other

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Feb 22 07:37:54 AEST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:30:34AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
>
> > I've worked with Linus, I know him pretty well.  I stand by my description
> > above and nothing you've said has changed (and isn't likely to).
>
> I know him as well, he send various personal attacks against me.

Linus attacks anyone who he thinks is misguided.  He's been wrong but
he's usually right.

> As Linux personally and incorrectly claimed that I was talking about kernel
> internal interfaces even though I was definitely talking about
> kernel/userspace interfaces, I assume that he has a problem with understanding
> what an external interface is.

Yeah, uh huh.  If it makes you feel better to say stuff like that, go
for it.  You do realize it doesn't reflect well on you, right?  The
guy is a pretty darn good kernel engineer, I think he knows what a
kernel/userspace interface is.  It's a big part of the job description.

> You may have started with Linux later than I did - I started in 1996.

Was running Linux well before that, I ran it when you booted off of
floppies and there was no networking.  I don't know when I started but
this was in 1993:

http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/bitmover/lm/papers/srcos.html

and I'm sure I'd been running it for quite a while by that time.