[TUHS] Mach for i386 / Mt Xinu or other

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:45:54 AEST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> That was pretty early, Ron.  I betcha if you tried it now (or 10 years
> ago) things would be different.

I think that is true. But from my point of view "linux winning" was not
necessarily "linux was better at the time." I think it was a lot of factors.

When I got to Los Alamos in 1999, it was still a tossup between the BSDs
and Linux as to "which is better." Nevertheless, for lots of reasons, in
1998 (the same year I found Linux to be less reliable over time) Los Alamos
had cast its lot with Linux, for all kinds of reasons.