[TUHS] 4.3BSD TAHOE aka what is a TAHOE?!

jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Fri Feb 24 13:51:07 AEST 2017

I went one further, and loaded the old AltaVista desktop search tool, extracted all the usenet, added .txt extensions to make Windows happy, and converted them to something IIS can deal with, then setup Apache to de-mangle the pages, and a stunnel connection from Apache to the AltaVista desktop search as it only listens on 127.0.0.1:9988 .. So the upshot is that you can search the usenet archive via AltaVista

http://altavista.superglobalmegacorp.com

I know there is a million ‘modern’ ways to do this, but I had though this was cooler.