[TUHS] Mach for i386 / Mt Xinu or other

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Feb 25 06:54:20 AEST 2017

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Clem Cole wrote:

> > I actually met [Henry Spencer] when he visited Australia, and he's
> > about the most unassuming guy you will ever meet.
>
> ​Indeed - ​I've know him for years.  He's an old USENIX type (like me).

Yep; his USENET fame did not go to his head.  And if my failing memory
serves me correctly, he wrote C-News in conjunction with Geoff Collier, as
B-News was starting to show its age and limitations.  All of which of
course got blown away when NNTP arrived...

There was an infamous USENET forgery of him, complete with his style and
diction, and Henry actually congratulated the forger!

Sigh; those were the days...  Now everything is based upon instant
gratification by the kiddie brigade (overnight batch jobs on ye olde
360/50, anyone?).