[TUHS] 4.3BSD TAHOE aka what is a TAHOE?!

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Feb 25 07:30:06 AEST 2017

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> Aside from being the name of the very large lake I live near, the
> "Tahoe" was a system from Computer Consoles, Inc. (CCI):
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Consoles_Inc.

Ahh...  I remember the CCI Power series very well.  IIRC, there was the
5/32 (a pissy little box, until the 5/32X came along, which actually did
the Right Thing (tm) when it implemented instruction restart correctly
upon a SEGV) and the 6/32 (we had the 8MHz board, whereas most users had
the 5MHz board; "we got cycles to burn!").

Those were the days, when geeks did their best but were over-ruled by the
marketoids; oh, the stories I could tell about my STC days (known by the
geeks as "Strangled Tangled and Confused), but I'm unsure about the
Statute of Limitations...

 -