[TUHS] Put a copy of the TUHS mail archive into the Unix Archive?

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:35:46 AEST 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017, at 16:45, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Warren Toomey wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Is it worth putting a copy of this mailing list into the Unix Archive? I
> > don't want to dump the mbox in, as it has all our e-mail addresses: spam
> > etc. I could symlink in the monthly text archives, e.g.
>
> It definitely ought to be archived, if you can obscure the email
> addresses
> whilst making them humanoid-readable.  Damned spammers...
>
> Could the task (of de-spamming the archive) be farmed out to some
> volunteers?  I will raise my hand, of course.

The archive files already have the email addresses minimally obfuscated
(with "at"), and are already available in the right hand column at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/ (which is probably a softer
target for spam bots than the archive itself) - it seems unlikely that
putting them in as-is would increase the amount of spam people get.