[TUHS] Un-released/internal/special UNIX versions/ports during the years?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sun Feb 26 03:31:00 AEST 2017

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> Back in the days of 4MB SPARC machines (and 68K machines) we joked
> ​ ​
> that EMACS stood for Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping.

​To me the good news is was if you could laugh at yourself I think it was
pretty sign.  There were a bunch of them... two more I can remember:

LISP -- Lots of Insipidly Silly Parens
Multics - Many Unbelievably Large Tables In Core Simultaneously ​

There was a Fortran one I've forgotten that started with "Friendly Only" ..