[TUHS] The size of EMACS, and what hides in kLOCs

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Mon Feb 27 11:19:07 AEST 2017

Emacs was the central exploit that "Jagger" used to gain root access once he got his way on a box.

It's a fantastic book, with good lessons in there that still ring true, such as keeping a log, documenting what you did and why, not emailing passwords and running a honeypot.

It also showed that if you weren't in the clique you didn't get source access and that finding even part of it was a big deal.

It's a shame his next book, silicone snake oil missed the mark by so much.