[TUHS] Emacs and undump

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Feb 27 20:47:53 AEST 2017

On 2017-02-27 11:30, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Johnny Billquist <bqt at update.uu.se> writes:
>> Of course, the back side of that is that you can't really run several
>> programs at once.
>
> In ITS you can.  You have one active job to which your command apply by
> default.  But you can create new jobs and switch beteen them.

Ah. It was so long ago, and I never learned ITS that well. However, I
don't think you can have several jobs in Tops-10, and I know you can't
in OS/8 or RT-11.

But that's an interesting capability. To have several jobs around, with
the memory intact, and you can switch between them, and play with their
memory.

	Johnny