[TUHS] Emacs and undump

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:02:40 AEST 2017

Hmm well I am more interested in the ancient code, I am not averse to
adding improvements but I want to do so in a controlled way. Also I prefer
not to use any Sys3~5 interfaces in my current project which is exclusively
BSD.

Haha, well I de-algoled /bin/sh twice so far, first time was for my uzi to
Z180 port about 10yrs back, and second time was for my 4.3BSD to Linux
porting library project last month. In the intervening time I became quite
a sed wizard and my latest de-algolizer is completely automated and
produces very nice results. Could possibly be improved by astyle's removal
of braces around single statements, I considered this too risky at the time
but I have since realized I can compare the stripped executables to
convince myself that it does not change the logic, indeed I should check
the basic de-algolizer in this way also.

Lately I have been thinking of running all of 4.3BSD through astyle but I
hesitate to do unnecessary changes, one always regrets them when doing any
bisecting or rebasing stuff...

Nick

On Feb 28, 2017 3:43 AM, "Joerg Schilling" <schily at schily.net> wrote:

Derek Fawcus <dfawcus+lists-tuhs at employees.org> wrote:

> How about applying Geoff Collyer's change to the shell memory management
> routine available here:
>
>     http://www.collyer.net/who/geoff/stak.port.c

Depends on what shell you are talking about.

The code named by you only works with a very old Bourne Shell that can be
retrieved from the server of Geoff Collyer.

If you are interested in the recent Bourne Shell (SVr4 + Solaris changes),
you
better use my Bourne Shell sources that can be found inside the
schily-tools:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/

The code from above will not work in a recent Bourne Shell without changes
in
both, Geoff Collyer's stak.c and the rest of the Bourne Shell.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353
Berlin