[TUHS] MacOS X is Unix (tm)

David david at kdbarto.org
Sun Jan 1 08:37:04 AEST 2017

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 8:58 AM, tuhs-request at minnie.tuhs.org wrote:
>
> From: Michael Kjörling <michael at kjorling.se>
> To: tuhs at tuhs.org
> Subject: Re: [TUHS] Historic Linux versions not on kernel.org
>
> I might be colored by the fact that I'm running Linux myself, but I'd
> say that those are almost certainly worth preserving somehow,
> somewhere. Linux and OS X are the Unix-like systems people are most
> likely to come in contact with these days

MacOS X is a certified Unix (tm) OS. Not Unix-Like.

http://www.opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm

It has been so since 10.0. Since 10.5 (Leopard) it has been so noted on the above Open Group page. The Open Group only lists the most recent release however.

The Tech Brief for 10.7 (http://images.apple.com/media/us/osx/2012/docs/OSX_for_UNIX_Users_TB_July2011.pdf) also notes the compliance.

	David