[TUHS] Unix stories

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Mon Jan 2 17:29:12 AEST 2017

Nick Downing <downing.nick at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I want to do is go back to a REALLY SIMPLE unbloated system,

Ahem. This is not a new idea. Take a hard look at Plan 9 From Bell Labs,
where the original Unix guys decided that it was worth starting over.
They did A LOT of neat stuff.

There's a lot of overlap of readership between TUHS and 9fans (not
suprising); I'm suprised noone beat me to mentioning this.

But before totally reinventing the wheel, I'd strongly recommend looking
at what Ken et al did with Plan 9.

Arnold

P.S. And yes, we've gotten far off topic, I suppose. :-)