[TUHS] Another Unix hacker passes

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Mon Jan 2 21:14:53 AEST 2017

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> Mr /proc.  RIP, Roger.  He would have loved this list.
>
> http://thenewstack.io/remembering-roger-faulkner/

Well, this happened in Summer and at that time, I was wondering whether I
should send a note to this list.

He had a heart attack in spring and returned to the weekly POSIX
teleconferences after aprox. 6 weeks. After another 6 weeks where he attended
the teleconferences again, we received the message that he passed away...

BTW: Roger died a few days before this thread started:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2016-07/msg00015.html

The Linux people did not seem to know where /proc is from...

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin