[TUHS] Unix stories

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:36:45 AEST 2017

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Doug McIlroy <doug at cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

> > In one of his books, Wirth laments about programmers proudly
> > showing him terrible code written in Pascal
>
> For your amusement, here's Wirth himself committing that sin:
>
> http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~doug/wirth.pdf

Doug, I'm trying to understand the provenance of that paper. It appears to
be a variant of a part of CSTR #155, but it is not the same as "Ellipses
Not Yet Made Easy" from that report. It also appears that this particular
document is a scan; is it perhaps a pre-print version of the paper? Or
perhaps it was expanded from what was published in #155?

        - Dan C.