[TUHS] Unix stories

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jan 3 08:52:51 AEST 2017

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017, Steve Johnson wrote:

> But how much longer can this go on?  What can we do to fight the
> exponential bloat of this and other open-souce projects.  All ideas
> cheerfully entertained...

Line up all the (ir)responsible programmers against a wall?  Computer
programming is the only discipline I've seen where no formal
qualifications are required; any idiot can call themselves a "programmer"
if they've barely learned how to write in BASIC...

Yes, I have a BSc majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics (both pure
and applied), so I guess I'm a bit elitist :-)