[TUHS] Mac OS X is Unix

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Wed Jan 4 09:39:01 AEST 2017

I think you can do so only if every language processor you ever expect to deal with your code is lexically-compatible: you *can't* do so if the lexer will puke: you need some frontend which will prevent the lexer ever seeing the toxin, and that thing is what Lisp would call read-time conditionalization.  Plan 9 and Go both avoid this problem by being single-implementation or nearly-single-implementation systems: many things are easier with that assumption.