[TUHS] the guy who brought up SVr4 on Sun machines

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Thu Jan 5 03:48:06 AEST 2017

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> > > "this fact" being that "many" Sun employees were prepared to quit if
> > > Solaris was BSD licensed?  I'd like to see a list of those people,
> > > I find it extremely hard to believe, but data will change my opinion.
> >
> > Try to ask Simon.....
> >
> > J?rg
>
> You're the guy making the claim, onus is on you to back it up.  That's
> how things work.

Well, I thought using google should be simple:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Development_and_Distribution_License

Check the video mentioned there as this just lists what Simon did say.

BTW: Danese Cooper was (from what I know) not involved in the CDDL at all.

I had a 2 hour telephone conference with Andrew Tucker, a Sun lawyer and
a lady from Sun (I do no longer remember her name but it was definitely not
Danese). The reason for the telephone confernce was to discuss the changes for
the final CDDL license text.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin