[TUHS] lost ports

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:01:39 AEST 2017

Along those lines....

I once heard about a paper that was presented at some conference titled
something along the lines of, "My Goodness: It Still Runs?!". The topic was
some sort of early version of Unix running on some ancient piece of
hardware doing some sort of industrial control. When I heard about it, a
notable part of the paper was a mention that it was believed they had
removed all bugs from the implementation.

Not quite a lost version of Unix, but almost a lost+found version. Has
anyone else heard of this paper? Perhaps it is apocryphal? I've always
wanted to read it, but never found a copy "in the wild."

        - Dan C.