[TUHS] OK, time to step back from the keyboard (for a bit)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Jan 5 13:37:17 AEST 2017

On Thursday,  5 January 2017 at  6:17:21 +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> Goodness, I go to sleep, wake up 8 hours later and there's 50 messages in
> the TUHS mailing list. Some of these do relate to the history of Unix, but
> some are getting quite off-topic.
>
> So, can I get you all to just pause before you send in a reply and ask:
> is this really relevant to the history of Unix, and does it contribute
> in a meaningful way to the conversation.

Is this really necessary?  There's a certain amount of traffic
necessary to keep a list going, and restricting it can have unwanted
results.  Yes, I agree, there's a lot of traffic at the moment, and
I'm having trouble with it too, but it'll subside of its own accord.
And who knows, maybe some unexpected gem might pop up.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.