[TUHS] the guy who brought up SVr4 on Sun machines

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jan 11 02:34:38 AEST 2017

The old saw that I wish I had said "great men stand on the shoulders of greater men, computer scientist like to step on their toes."

The problem I have with this sort of accounting is it leaves out where different groups took these ideas and integrated them.  Others that come later loss that history.  For instance ip/tcp came from bbn, /proc came from research, job control    came from MIT, fsck from CMU etc.

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.