[TUHS] NFS aka the guy who brought up SVr4 on Sun machines

Steve Simon steve at quintile.net
Wed Jan 11 10:56:52 AEST 2017

Beware of confusion.

There is the 8th and 9th edition remote file protocol
(I have papers somewhere I think), by Weinberger.
This evolved into 9p, Plan9’s file protocol.

There is also RFS, I think a USG package for SYSVr3. The paper I have
About this is by Author L Sabsevitz, though I don’t know if he was the author
of the code, or just the paper.

They are rather different beasts with similar names.

-Steve