[TUHS] 2.11BSD cross compiling update

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Sat Jan 14 22:57:28 AEST 2017

Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017, at 23:41, Nick Downing wrote:
> > I see, no I had not realized that code is still in use, I would have
> > thought it had been replaced by a whole lot of POSIX bloat.
>
> POSIX doesn't even have the timezone files - it 'allows' for
> implementation-defined timezones, but POSIX itself basically only
> defines the System V TZ variable with a few extra bits to specify a
> single set of daylight saving rules, e.g. "EST5EDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0".

We recently discussed whether we should add a pointer to the Olson code but we
did not find a website that is expected to exist in 10+ yaers. It is however
obvious that there is no known current implementation that uses a different
implementation. So it would be obvious to mention that code in the POSIX
standard.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin