[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Thu Jan 19 00:29:26 AEST 2017

I asked over at the internet history list
(http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2017-January/thread.html)

Short of it is that it used Bell 303C modems which operated at 50kb/s operating
over an analog "broadband" channel predating the T1. It used the space of 12 voice
channels and some fairly fancy modulation techniques. Connection to the trunk
exchange was over a leased line.