[TUHS] Was pcc ever ported to the CDC6600?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sun Jan 22 02:27:06 AEST 2017

BRL got the last 7600 ever built.   After a fiasco one night when they left me to turn on the “network” (in CDC terms that just means the dumb terminals connected to it), they didn’t much let me near it again.
When they were planning to decommission it in anticipation of the Cray 2 I ordered (nothing like putting your signature on a $25MM procurement), I snuck in and put a “surplus property tag” on the corner of the 7600.
They weren’t amused.

Amazingly, CDC makes some of the prettiest computers built.    When I worked for one of their subsidiaries I was always mesmerized looking in the glass windows at the main machine room.