[TUHS] Need your help for 2019

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Sat Mar 4 18:21:16 AEST 2017

The year 2019 is big for retro computing as all of Unix, the Arpanet
and the PDP11 become 50 years old. TENEX as well, but that is off-
topic for this list.

In many ways these technologies are foundational to today's
computing: aren't three-quarters of todays devices built on
top of these technologies?

Maybe Google, Facebook and other "internet" companies are willing
to throw their weight behind some commemoration if it can be made
relevant to a wider audience.

Perhaps emulators for these old systems that can run in a browser
(or as an app) with instructions clear enough for today's web
developer is a good way to pay homage.

It would be a big job though, probably to big to do in 2.5 years.

Paul