[TUHS] Source code abundance?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Mar 7 08:59:48 AEST 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:29 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Clem, this reminds me: AIX on the mainframes and RS/6000 were different,
> weren't they? I only worked with the RS/6000 one.

​Yes - they diverged at one point and the System/38 guys diverged again.
Picking things up from both lines -- I was telling the story some what
amusing story the other nigh about. the legal time team in Rochester, MN
being quite different than NY.

One thing you learn after having IBM has a customer, is that they were N
different companies, and each had their own cultures.  It could be quite
trying for a small firm like LCC.   Our external legal counsel once said,
"for such a small firm, you guys have really interesting legal issues."

But at that time, LCC was putting things in AIX, Ultrix, Tru64, HP/UX,
DG/UX, Prime-ux, Intel, AT&T and a host of others.  It was kinda
neat setting everyone's dirty laundry though.. you learned a lot.

Clem