[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue Mar 7 17:09:41 AEST 2017

Hi all, as part of my effort to recreate part of a simulated Usenet,
I'm trying to bring up uucp, then mail, then C-news on 4.2BSD boxes.
I've got a hardwired serial port between them, and I can see a basic
uucp conversation when I do this:

munnari.oz# /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -sseismo -x7
uucp seismo (3/6-8:04-132) DEBUG (ENABLED)
	. . .
uucp seismo (3/6-8:04-132) SUCCEEDED (call to seismo )
imsg >\015\012\020<
Shere\000imsg >\020<
ROK\000msg-ROK
 Rmtname seismo, Role MASTER,  Ifn - 5, Loginuser - uucp
	. . .

I tried e-mail to seismo!wkt and wkt at seismo.UUCP but it's been deferred.
I now need some help with the sendmail config. I did play around with
sendmail.cf/mc way back, but it never involved uucp so I'm stuck.

Anybody want to help (and dust out those cobwebs at the same time)?

Thanks, Warren