[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue Mar 7 19:09:08 AEST 2017

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 05:09:41PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> I tried e-mail to seismo!wkt and wkt at seismo.UUCP but it's been deferred.
> I now need some help with the sendmail config. I did play around with
> sendmail.cf/mc way back, but it never involved uucp so I'm stuck.

Progress. I had to set up L.sys entries for each system to know the other
system. Then on each 4.2BSD system I had to uucp "make mkdirs" to make the
correct directories in /usr/spool/uucp.

On the sendmail front, I edited the uucp-only cad.mc file to state the system
name and the other system name (and in reverse for the other system). Then
make cad.cf.

With all of this in place, I can mail from one system to the other:
$ echo hello | mail wkt at seismo.UUCP

and then manually do a uucp call with # /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -sseismo -x7

There are a few things to iron out, but at least thing work :)
	Warren