[TUHS] Help request: uucp, mail on 4.2BSD

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Thu Mar 9 09:07:18 AEST 2017

This is one of the reasons Telebit did the whole UUCP "g" acceleration
in the Trailblazer/Worldblazer modems.

The turn-around time for the small packets being acknowledged was so bad
over normal modems that it was painful.

So Telebit made the modem do the acknowledgements (IIRC), stream the
data over the phone line, and the receiving end would "play along" on
the acknowledgements.

It was very effective for news especially.