[TUHS] Historical uucp maps?

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Mar 10 04:37:12 AEST 2017

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> See the Google archive of comp.mail.maps where the UUCP map
> (connection) pathalias data was regularly published for E-mail
> routing purposes. People stopped making ASCII maps for the UUCP
> network because it was too richly connected (too hard, too messy),
> and because the sites included lat/long location data in their map
> entries specifically for making geographic maps automatically.

Probably the closest thing you'll ever get to an "authoritative" map would
be to hack pathalias to generate output that can be fed to dot.  If you
include the pathalias link weights in the output, I'm guessing Graphviz
could do a reasonable job of generating a traffic-weighted map (i.e.
something that clearly pointed out the major relay hubs).

...!canada!lyndon