[TUHS] Harasing whistlers (Was: UUCP mis-history?)

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Fri Mar 10 10:31:36 AEST 2017

It's not hard to whistle a handshake.  I've been able to get a modem to connect.  Of course actual data is out of the question.  It's just loud sharp tones, then just match pitch, the other modem will change a few times and just match it.

It was a silly trick whistling to modems, but these days nobody has one.  And I can't say I miss dialup.