[TUHS] RT/PC-centric AIX history

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:27:40 AEST 2017

Wow, this is really cool, Charlie. It puts a lot of stuff in perspective.

I wonder if you might add a bit more detail about the BSD ports? That's
what we ran on our RTs; I seem to recall that product was only available to
educational institutions and was referred to as AOS: "Academic Operating
System." I do recall that it came with NFS, and possibly AFS version 2? It
seemed to be approximately 4.3-Tahoe based. The AFS bit is hazy....