[TUHS] pathalias and mail maps

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Mar 10 20:29:18 AEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 07:49:19PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> OK, Geoff Collyer has built the C-News binaries.

A few people have hit me with a clue bat: we probably should be using the
comp.mail.maps database format for our uucp/Usenet sites, as then we can
feed them through pathalias to get optimal routes.

There are a bunch of 1988 map files here:
http://utzoo.superglobalmegacorp.com/usenet/news080f1/b101/comp/mail/maps/
and the file format is detailed here:
http://ftp.arnes.si/faq/comp/mail/maps/UUCP_map_for_README

Question: do we want to keep as much historical information as possible,
and just change the links to reflect our topology? Can we add new lines
to append the information needed now, e.g.

#N      seismo, beno, hugo, maui, noress, perry
#C      Rick Adams
#E      seismo!postmaster
#I	simh.tuhs.org:5000; Warren Toomey

Will pathalias ignore unrecognised lines?